THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
We are seeking experienced Graphic Designer to join Ricki’s Home Office located in Winnipeg.
If you're an creative, passionate, driven person who is all about the details, then a career as an graphic designer might make an exciting and fitting goal for you!
The Graphic Designer will join our Graphics team within the Marketing Department – with primary responsibilities in web/digital design. You have a passion for retail, the fashion industry, digital marketing, and new trends and ideas in graphic design.
GREAT DESIGN/ INFLUENCE:
- Create compelling and consistent web & print collateral that reflects current brand guidelines (may include store signage, email marketing, website creative, social media graphics, etc.).
- Update existing web & print collateral – keeping content fresh, timely, accurate, and relevant.
- Manage design projects from inception to completion.
- Partner effectively with all team members, in house partners/stakeholders, and vendors.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop seasonal, monthly, and weekly goals and priorities.
- Actively participate in cross-functional team meetings.
- Work in an organized manner – using and maintaining supplied tools and archiving work appropriately.
GREAT BUSINESS / RESULTS ORIENTED:
- Enthusiastic, creative individual who can produce high quality work under tight timelines, while maintaining a consistent on-brand look and feel.
- Detail oriented, and skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking – constantly looking for ways to do more and better work.
- Motivated to balance design aesthetic with speed of delivery and achieving business results.
- Both Strategic and Tactical, short and long term (thinks and does).
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Takes initiative, works with a sense of urgency, agile and adaptable. Resourceful.
GREAT PEOPLE / TEAMWORK:
- Champions belief that “none of us is as good as all of us” and consistently lives our values.
- Committed to the best outcome by bringing out the best in self and others, in part by recognizing achievements and valuing differences and feedback (giving and receiving).
- Initiates personal development and supports team development in the work.
- Fosters the culture of teamwork thru ownership and accountability.
- Maintains a positive attitude and work well in a collaborative environment – giving and receiving feedback on an ongoing basis.
Diploma in Graphic Design (or equivalent).
Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in graphic design and/or web design
Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and acrobat as well as Microsoft Office and Google spreadsheets – all in a Mac environment
Working knowledge of HTML an asset
Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
Strong interpersonal skills – collaborative, a team player
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task or shift between projects seamlessly
Keen eye for detail – proofreading layouts, retouching photos, etc.
Self-motivated – a problem solver, resourceful, able to work independently and as part of a team
Receives and processes suggestions, corrections, and feedback professionally
An interest in fashion and knowledge of current trends and techniques in graphic design