Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relate to the job requirements.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please allow approximately 45 minutes to complete this questionnaire.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
We are seeking a User Experience, Web Content Strategist to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
The Digital Experience and Communication Services Branch is responsible for developing and delivering communication services for the BC Pension Corporation, including transforming the member and employer experience from print to digital and providing strategic communications support to the pension plan boards of trustees and the corporate board. This includes strategic communication advice, planning, research, writing, editing, creative design, video/photography, and distribution functions for digital and print application. The branch delivers confidence-inspiring and professional communication services across a variety of communication and service channels that increases member and employer engagement in a highly regulated and rules-based environment. This includes integrated member-centric communication products and services including web and other online communications; print publications; and marketing.
The User Experience, Web Content Strategist provides leadership and expertise to enhance service delivery on the web through the creation and delivery of engaging content and intuitive infrastructure. This role is responsible for producing innovative solutions to complex problems and translating business needs into user-focused solutions through workflows, user experience design, and content development.
What do you need to succeed?
• Degree or diploma in a related field (User Experience Design, English, Library Science, Computer Science).
• An equivalent combination of related experience, education and training may be considered.
• Two years demonstrated experience in content development, for various digital properties including writing and editing in accordance with a defined tone and style guide.
• Experience providing web content strategy, site audits and analysis.
Nice to have
• Demonstrated experience applying user research and UX principles to the development and management of content strategies or online service experiences is preferred.
• Experience developing and owning digital editorial standards and guidelines is preferred.