The GDC Foundation Growing! We've accomplished so much with your help. We started in 2004 with one $1,000 donation. Since then, we've received annually supported scholarships, we've invested your donations, and the fund has grown to over $100,000 from over 600 individual donations. Some are small donations and some are large – and each one is making an impact.
We have big things planned for 2022. Our next step is to become a registered charitable foundation, and it's essential that we raise $10,000 for our Operations Fund so that we can complete this process and increase our charitable giving.
We currently operate under GDC's non-profit status. Our goal to become a registered charity will enable us to provide tax receipts to benefit donors and increase our program reach. We need to raise money in our Operations Fund to pay for the process of incorporation, registration, as well as necessary legal support and financial advice.
Since 2012 we've been giving back to the design community. We're proud to announce that the GDC Foundation has awarded 21 scholarships, for a total of $18,000. This year we also gave out our first Education Research Grant of $1,000.
- $6,500 for the Ray Hrynkow Scholarship, 2012-2021, supported annually by Casey Hrynkow CGD, FGDC
- $2,500 for the Mark Brisborne Scholarship for Graduate Research, 2013-2017, supported by GDC Alberta Chapter
- $1,000 for the UX Design scholarship, 2018-2020 Supported by Ryan P. Senger, former GDC member
- $3,000 for the Cheryl Lynn Rutledge Northern Indigenous Student Award, 2018-2021, supported annually by Mark Rutledge CGD
- $5,000 for Manitoba Studio Fund for BIPOC students, 2021, supported annually by a team of Manitoba design Studios
Every donation made from now until December 31 will go toward this goal.
Help us with a $100+ donation and you'll be entered in the Prize Draw. We have special prize packs from FunctionFox, award-winning olive oil from Met Printers, beautiful cards from Kath Boake, three caps and limited edition tote bags from Burdock Brewery in Toronto. There's also an online yoga pass from One Yoga for the People in Vancouver, Gift Cards from Riding the Pine, and, the much sought after "Maxim/Dictum" poster by Rob Peters FGDC, and more. View the prizes.
Thank you to those who have already donated. We've raised $2,000 so far this month!