In support of design practice and education, GDC provides:
- Scholarship—New for Manitoba students
- Resources and tools for teaching and learning
- Standards for ethical design practice
- Professional certification of services
- Events, conferences and workshops through regional Chapters across Canada
- Directory of design education programs and grad shows
- Internship guidelines
- Mentorship opportunities
- Outreach to design programs
- Opportunities to build the discipline through academic research and design history
- Exclusive member benefits through industry partnerships and sponsors
Our community of designers, educators and leaders share knowledge, resources and information and provide access to a diverse network of professional expertise.
Why is CGD certification important to educators?
For design educators, CGD certification is a testament to professional knowledge and contribution. GDC's national standards for the profession, certification of services, internship guidelines and ethics serve as a benchmarks for professional practice and inform graphic design education in Canada.Featured project by Kaytee Davis, 1st year student, Vancouver Island University, An Anthology in Magazine Format, GDC National Scholarship Applied Arts Award Recipient 2013